Company Overview: Founded in 1997, New Generation Supplements, part of Carr’s Group plc specialty agriculture division, manufactures and markets low moisture block supplements for all species of ruminant livestock (beef, dairy, sheep, and goat) and performance horses throughout the United States and Canada. Products are sold under branded names including SmartLic®, Feed in a Drum®, MegaLic®, and HorsLic® through an extensive network of distributors and dealers.
Position Summary: The territory account manager is responsible for growing sales and developing new distribution throughout the assigned geography while providing business direction and support to assigned distributors and dealers. Generate additional sales of New Generation Supplements products and provide technical and sales support to distributors and dealers including professional presentations, sales training, and ranch calls to selected large user accounts. Cultivate mutually beneficial long-term relationships with new and existing distributors, dealers, and large customer accounts to become an integral part of growing their respective businesses.
- Develop and implement action plans and strategies that achieve growth in the assigned territory.
- Use exceptional time management and advance planning skills to represent our company and our brands at customer meetings, industry events, product training sessions, and in-person sales calls.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Regional Sales Manager, marketing, production, and customer service teams.
- Provide superior customer service and customer solutions through on-site customer and dealer contact.
- Quickly master product applications and technical nutritional information to provide a broad range of customer solutions.
- Provide information on market conditions and potential for new products and services within the assigned territory.
- Develop and deliver effective product and sales presentations at the distributor, dealer, and producer level.
- Develop annual tonnage and expense budgets, and other reports requested.
- Pursue customer leads and review sales tactics with manager to ensure proper positioning of all products.
- Active participation in industry trade shows and events.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in animal nutrition, animal science, or agriculture business, or equivalent work experience in a related agricultural field.
- Strong communication, presentation, and people skills are essential.
- Prior sales territory management experience is preferred.
- Position requires overnight travel. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
- Home-based office when not traveling.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Accountable and honest
- Acts with urgency; a self-starter
- Leads with resiliency
- Good communication and listening skills
- Comfortable networking and building relationships
- Strategic thinker who is also comfortable thinking outside of the box to solve problems
- Life-long learner
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager – Scott Aberg
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Commissions + Benefits Package
Applications: Send resume & cover letter to [email protected].