REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
COMPENSATION: Depends on level of experience
LOCATION: Belle Fourche, South Dakota
COMPANY OVERVIEW: New Generation Supplements (NGS) is a livestock supplement manufacturer with operations in 5 states (SD, OK, NV, IA, TN) producing low-moisture blocks. The company was started in 1997 and has maintained steady growth since. Manufactured products are marketed through a distributor and dealer network into 30+ states and Canada.
POSTION SUMMARY: The position will be responsible for continuously monitoring and adapting safety procedures and operations to ensure a safe and fully compliant work environment for all employees at three production facilities within the company.
- Responsible for maintaining access to all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
- Responsible for implementation of company loss control programs.
- Responsible for implementation and monitoring safety training.
- Chair safety committee.
- Recommend safety training programs.
- Review and recommend changes in the safety program as the need is identified.
- Maintain availability as a resource for other personnel in their efforts to prevent injuries.
- Experience in safety related field required
- Experience in safety management preferred
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and teach a team
- Great attention to detail
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Excellent organizational skills
Please contact J.D. Young, Operations Manger